Our friendly female staff recognizes that a teenager's pregnancy is her own responsibility and we are dedicated to providing confidential, private medical care -- without parental or spousal consent - to our teenage patients.
In New York State, a teenager does not need parental consent in order to have an abortion. Our Bronx Abortion Office has performing safe, confidential abortions for women of all ages since 1973 - over 40 years of affordable, professional medical care for all women -- including teenage women.
At Bronx Abortion, we offer you the opportunity to select the type of anesthesia that is right for you. You can choose to be awake or asleep for the procedure. Your anesthesia options are described in more detail below.
• Local Anesthesia involves the injection by the physician of pain-stopping medication into your cervix. You will be fully awake during the procedure, but your cervix will be numbed. You can expect to have moderate cramping during the procedure.
• Twilight Anesthesia is administered by injecting medication into your vein. This medication will allow you to sleep for the duration of the procedure. The medication is given by an Anesthesiologist, a physician specially trained in anesthesia or by a Nurse Anesthetist.•
Billing: At Bronx Abortion, we require your entire fee to be paid before the abortion is performed.
The basic fee for the procedure includes:
- a review of your pertinent medical history, an educational counseling session
- ultrasound screening,
- routine urine and blood testing ,
- the abortion procedure,
- and recovery room services.
- (Please be aware that if you are paying cash an additional fee for the Rhogam injection will be required for those patients that are NEGATIVE RH TYPING).
Payment can be made in cash, or by credit card. For the convenience of our patients, we accept MasterCard, VISA, American Express, and Discover. We accept most private insurances including MEDICAID- HMO’S plans.